want to hear how I make the world’s BEST BODY BETTER ever? okay, twist my arm.
here’s what you need:
- shea butter (1/2 cup)
- coconut oil (1/2 cup)
- safflower oil or any other liquid carrier oil. (1/2 cup)
- oils (plan on using 30-45 drops depending on what you use)
- savvy minerals mineral veil in diamond dust (optional but not optional, ya feel me?)
1/2 cup of each made about 1.5 jars of body butter. you can change the recipe to fit how much you want to make. just be sure to use equal parts of the first three ingredients.
you can sub safflower oil for any other liquid oil – I prefer safflower because it doesn’t clog pores!
here’s what you do:
- in a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except the oils. wait to add these until a little later.
- over the stove, stir constantly until all ingredients are melty.
- remove from the stove + let it chill for like 3 minutes.
- place it in the fridge + let cool for about an hour or until it starts to harden around the edges. it’ll look like butter.
- using a hand mixer, whip it for 10 minutes until fluffy. this is the longest part. your arm will hurt + you might blurt out a couple profanities. no? just me? okay.
- while whipping, add your oils. you will have to stop every now + again to smell your masterpiece. if you need more oils, add more.
- add about a tbsp or so of diamond dust. this adds just the SLIGHTEST (barely there) shimmer to help your skin just GLOW. move over, Beyonce.
- you are done once the whipped goodness is soft, fluffy + resembles marshmallow creme. don’t eat it, it doesn’t taste the same.
- I store mine in a glass jar – picked these up at Michael’s craft store for $1 each!
- VOILA. you are now ready to slay your life, ‘cause your skin is about to be so freaking healthy.
some oil combo ideas (feel free to get creative here):
lavender + peppermint. great for your skin, and fresh to death.
patchouli + bergamot. modern hippie. hipster, perhaps?
frankincense + clary sage. hello flawless skin.
german chamomile + lavender. calming while soothing while smelling amazing.
here are some photos of the whole process!